It's been a good few months – far too long, really - since I last wrote a post for this blog; but at least now I have some book news to report.
On November 21st & 22nd of this year (God willing), I shall be publishing worldwide on Amazon, and respectively in paperback and on Kindle, my tenth novel (tenth, I find that so hard to believe!!!); and also on November 22nd, a Kindle-exclusive collection of three of my novels, which shall include the tenth book.
I’ll leave it until nearer the dates of publication, to blog more details about the new titles; and shall content myself to close the present note, with talk of William Shakespeare’s Wild West Show.
Many years ago, an article in a local newspaper, gave a tantalising hint that Buffalo Bill’s Wild West Show once made a visit to here in Durham City; and it was in fact that hint which eventually gave rise to the novel in question. However, it was not until earlier this week – when I and a friend paid a visit to the Durham City Heritage Centre, that I was able to verify the newspaper article; for on display there, along with an Edwardian photograph, was a 1904 handbill advertising the spectacular western event.
I found the photograph – taken on the morning of July 20th, 1904, in the courtyard of Durham Castle - to be of particular interest, as it shows, sat round of course the courtyard itself, many of the Native American members of William F. Cody’s travelling show.
The photograph can be readily accessed on the internet, by googling the keywords: durham, castle, courtyard, buffalo, bill, photograph.
Cheers.
No comments:
Post a Comment