Wednesday, 4 July 2012

First Post (+ email address)

Hi,
    So here I am, as Orcaman, writing my very first blog; and I thought I'd use it to clear up why - as a male - I work as an indie author using a female pen name!!!  Yeah, I know the fact that I use a woman's name, probably sounds pretty wierd - at least at first; but I think I explained the matter clearly enough in my author's page on Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk, and so I've decided to simply reproduce the relevant lines here:

"Anonymity, of course, is the reason why I chose to use a pen name. But why a female one? I certainly didn't initially plan to use a woman's name.  However, the male names I came up with just didn't sound right; and then an idea popped into my head - an idea which proved impossible to get rid of.  Why not call myself Anne-Marie Neil?
Again, as is known by anyone familiar with the dedication to Psalm of the Killer Whales, the name was inspired by my brother and sister - both of whom tragically died as babies.  So the pen name became a way of remembering them; and I think it looks good on book covers, too".

Explanation over!

Anyway, in case anyone is interested to learn a little bit more about the septet of novels which I've dubbed The Killer Whale Books, I recommend a visit to my website at http://www.killerwhalebooks.co.uk/; and if (and here I'm beginning to fervently pray!!!) anyone should be interested in reading the books - either on Kindle or in paperback, a good start would be to follow the url www.amazon.com/author/annemarieneil.

Oh, for anyone who doesn't know (and that includes almost the entire population of Planet Earth), The Killer Whale Books are:

Psalm of the Killer Whales
William Shakespeare's Wild West Show
Snow Settling on a Covered Bridge
Each Uisge (Ech Ooshkya)
Shinobu and the Dragon (The Snow Dragon Trilogy, Part 1)
Shinobu and the Baby Dragon (The Snow Dragon Trilogy, Part 2)
The Sea of Okhotsk (The Snow Dragon Trilogy, Part 3).

My email address is: thekillerwhalebooksauthot@aol.co.uk

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment